SCAL 4 Tutorials
ScrappyDew offers a Sure Cuts A Lot 4 Clasroom which currently offers over 2.5 hours of video. For more information, please visit the Sure Cuts A Lot 4 Classroom page
1. Deactivating the software to move to a new computer
If you need to move the software to a new computer, you will need to deactivate the software on the current computer so you can use your license on a different computer.
2. Installation Failed Error on Mac OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
How to install the software on OSX 10.6 if you get an installation failed error message.
3. Install FTDI USB Driver for Windows
Install/Update FTDI USB Driver used by BlackCat, Pazzles, Silver Bullet, USCutter & more.
4. Install SCAL on Mac OSX 10.8 and up
How to install if you get an error about the intaller coming from an unidentified developer or OSX indicating the installer is damaged.
5. How to install an unsigned driver on Windows 8
Some drivers for some cutter models are unsigned and may be a problem when trying to install on Windows 8.
1. Sending designs from SCAL 4 and higher to cut with SCAL2 for Cricut
How to cut designs made with SCAL4 or higher with SCAL 2 for Cricut.
2. Blade Offset Settings
What the Blade Offset settings does.
3. Blade Overcut Setting
What the Blade Overcut setting does.
4. How to Import Artwork with Registration Marks
Importing custom registration marks so you can print your artwork outside of SCAL for a Print+Cut
5. Communicate to your Cutter from SCAL3 for IOS and Android
How to cut your designs from the IOS and Android tablet versions.
6. Print and Cut
How to do a Print+Cut.
7. Export as SVG to use with Cricut Design Space
How to export your design to upload into Cricut Design Space to cut with the Cricut Explore.
8. Using the Knockout Effect
9. Batch FCM Converter
How to batch convert SVG files to Brother FCM ScanNCut files.
10. Selection Tool
Some tips on how to use the selection tool in Sure Cuts A Lot.
11. Stencil Tool
How to use the stencil tool in Sure Cuts A Lot.
12. Font Preview
Preview your text in different fonts in Sure Cuts A Lot.
13. Object On Path
Place objects on paths.
14. Shadow Layer (Contour Cut)
Adding a shadow layer around a design.
15. Group, Ungroup, Break Apart, Merge
Differences for Group, Ungroup, Break Apart, & Merge.
16. Keep Proportions
How the keep proportions setting works.
17. Type Tool
Different type tools available (horizonta, vertical, on path, on arch).
Adding a weeding border and weeding lines.
19. Cut By Color
Separate by color.
Dividing your design into smaller tiles.
21. Weld vs Union
Example of using the Weld and Union operations
22. Hook Effect
Example of making a shape look like it is going through a hole
23. Zoom Tools
Different ways to zoom in/out
24. Property Bar
How to open multiple tabs from the Properties Bar
25. Mat Orientation
Settings the mat orienation to Horizontal (landscape) or Vertical (portrait)
26. Cut Mode
Difference between the cut modes when cutting
27. Edit Tool
How to use the edit tool
28. Draw Tool
How to use the draw tool
29. Objects Are Not Filling With Color
Settings to look at if the fill is not showing on the screen
Black Cat & Silver Bullet
1. Cutter Setup
Basic setup tips prior to cutting with the BlackCat or SilverBullet machines.
1. Adobe Illustrator Plugin
Plugin to send artwork from Illustrator to Sure Cuts A Lot.
2. CorelDRAW Plugin (SCAL Pro only)
Plugin to send artwork from CorelDRAW to Sure Cuts A Lot Pro.
3. Inkscape Plugin
Plugin to send artwork from Inkscape to Sure Cuts A Lot.
1. Reset Bluetooth Module OSX
Troubleshooting Bluetooth issues on Mac OSX
* "Cricut" is a trademark of Provo Craft & Novelty Inc. This site is not affiliated with Provo Craft & Novelty Inc